General Septic System Best Practices
- It is important to have your septic system pumped on a regular basis – once every 2-3 years.
- Proper design and use is important. Septic systems are designed to treat and dispose of a specific volume and type of waste water in the conditions found at a specific site.
- Never put anything in a septic system but “septic recommended toilet tissue.”
Tompkins Excavating can help you design a septic system that will accommodate the needs of your home and property, as well as provide thorough preventative maintenance and care of your existing systems. We are a licensed septic installer in both Westchester and Putnam Counties and our extensive knowledge and experience can handle any septic and/or drainage issue on commercial and residential properties. Call us today for a free consultation!
- New Septic System Installation
- Septic System repair
- Septic Tank Evaluation and Inspection
- Septic Tank Replacement
“I was having drainage issues, and my septic tank and fields needed to be replaced. Mark Tompkins came out and spent about two hours with me walking around the property and offering solutions to some of the problems I was having that the other excavators didn’t suggest. Of all the people I spoke to, I found him to be the most knowledgeable not only with the drainage problems, but also the septic system.” ~ Andy R.